The NetMaut platform is an extensive policy management system which controls the access of mobile customers into the data network.
Your individual tariff portfolio is exactly mapped in the NetMaut system. Through a sophisticated set of rules NetMaut determines who may access the internet and other service offerings in which quality of service. To control a session NetMaut considers for example the tariff settings, the location and the device of a customer.
As an enabler in the service layer of a mobile network infrastructure NetMaut has interfaces to the relevant databases and CRM systems of the mobile operators.
The NetMaut platform includes the following modules:
- NetMaut Tariff Designer – allows the modular design of an almost unlimited number of tariffs as required.
- NetMaut PCRF – the brain of a mobile data network which decides on the quality of service for data connections.
- NetMaut RADIUS Server – authenticates and authorizes subscribers accessing a mobile network via gateways (GGSN, PGW), which require the RADIUS protocol for setting up the connection.
- NetMaut OCS (Online Charging System) – manages available quota in terms of data volume, time or units (e.g. number of SMS).
- NetMaut SPR (Subscriber Profile Repository) – manages subscriber information such as tariff data and booked options.